Friday, January 31, 2014

How do you see yourself?

How does perspective change the way you "see" yourself? 
 
Bird's eye view:
 

Worm's eye view:

 
The two perspectives that I chose to see myself in was a bird's eye view and a worm's eye view. These are two very different perspectives that can show a different mood and show different emotions. From a bird's eye view you can see my hair, face, facial expression, and what I am wearing. You can tell how I am feeling. By the look on my face, and the way that I am sitting you can see that I was feeling kind of awkward. This photo shows that I don't really enjoy getting my picture taken. 
From a worm's eye view, one can see me at a different angle. The only thing that is shown is my clothing. By looking at this picture, one can see how I dress and the type of clothing that I wear. My facial expression and the way that I am feeling is not portrayed in the photo. The mood and idea of this photo is mysterious because it is not shown how I feel, and it can make someone wonder what I am thinking without my face in the picture. 
By looking at me through these two different perspectives one can see different things and feelings. I chose  these two pictures because it shows that by looking at someone from different perspectives and angles you can't really see everything about someone.

4 comments:

  1. We chose the same perspectives what a coincidence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I "see" lots of differences in these two views of you. I also follow your thinking, "from a bird's eye view you can see my hair, face, facial expression, and what I am wearing....From a worm's eye view...you can't really see my face or expression..." This contrast helps me understand why you chose these two photos. I wanted to know more about your thinking for each photo. In photo 1 -- what is your emotion, and what does the photo say about you? In photo 2, what mood/ideas are conveyed without your face being in the photo? These photos and your blog made me want to know more about your thinking here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the two views that we chose. I do agree though with Professor McKamey that you can "see" a lot with these two different angles. I couldn't stop laughing though, The pictures looked funny.

    ReplyDelete